Sanitation and Recycling in Dunwoody
DeKalb County Sanitation handles trash collection, yard waste and recycling for the City of Dunwoody.
For any concerns regarding missed collections or general inquiries, please contact DeKalb County Sanitation:
- For general inquiries, please have residents call our Customer Care team at 404.294.2900 or email@example.com.
- For missed collections, please direct residents to contact Sanitation Public Relations Manager Pauline Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or team member Ilana Daniel at email@example.com.
**For instances of missed collections, residents should leave the items at the curb. They will be serviced shortly after their email for missed collection is received. Servicing will sometimes occur the same day, but no later than the next business day.
For glass recycling, there are two locations in Dunwoody:
- Fire Station #12, 5323 Roberts Drive next to Austin Elementary. Container location: Next to the station
Barclay Drive, on the back side of Brook Run Park across from the Peachtree Charter Middle School football field. Container location: Direction from 285 -
• North from 285 traveling on N
Peachtree Street, left onto Barclay Dr
• South on N Peachtree St headed in
the direction 285, right onto Barclay Dr
Fire Station #12 also has bins for mixed-paper recycling.
In light of the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts on the current budget, the City of Dunwoody will not be able to host a household hazardous waste recycling event or electronics recycling event in 2020. Please know that we remain committed to bringing them back in the future when the budget picture improves. In the meantime, the DeKalb County Sanitation Division has shared these options:
- DeKalb Sanitation offers electronics recycling throughout the year at the Seminole Road Landfill, located at 4203 Clevemont Road in Ellenwood. Click here for more details.
- CHaRM (Center for Hard to Recycle Materials) Atlanta is an organization that accepts unconventional recyclable items, including paint and chemicals, for a fee: http://livethrive.org/charm/