The city welcomes groups and organizations wishing to film in Dunwoody. We believe filming brings employment opportunities, tourism, hotel occupancy, and general economic development to the city. We are proud to say recent blockbusters such as Footloose and Trouble with the Curve were both filmed in Dunwoody.

Whether or not you need permits from the city to film in Dunwoody depends on where you would like to film and the aspects of your film. All groups or organizations interested in filming in Dunwoody should fill out the Media Production Permit Application. This easy-to-follow, one-page application captures basic information, such as the location for your production. Each application must be accompanied by the following attachments:

1. Site Plan

2. Proof of Permission of Property Owner or Legal Agreement

3. Notification of Neighbors

4. $25 Application Fee

5. Sign Permit Application

6. Media Production Permit Application

7. Certificate of Insurance

The City will approve Permits according to our adopted Policies and Ordinances.

To further assist you in the permitting process, the city’s Development Coordinator serves as the point person for all filming in Dunwoody. Completed applications should be returned to the Community Development Department. The coordinator can be reached directly at 678-382-6800 or If you have any issues or need assistance navigating the approval process, they are available to answer questions and offer suggestions.

Once we receive your application, we will review it promptly to determine if you need a filming permit and whether or not we need additional information.

 Filming permit fees are $100 per day (please note filming includes preparation and assembly days) and Sign fee is $100.00.

For filming occurring on public property, park/facility rentals are $500 per day.

Police services are $55 per hour per officer with a minimum of three hours per officer.  

IMPORTANT: Whether you need a permit or not, be sure to contact Major Oliver Fladrich with the Dunwoody Police Department to confirm that you will not need any police support. Maj. Fladrich can be reached directly at 678-382-6905 or